Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot post a discussion in the correct Community!!!

I have an another issue which I was trying to post to a Community in particular Photo community or even iCloud community a backup. However whenever I try to post I get the error that I cannot create or update in this community. What is the point of having these discussions if I cannot post to the correct community where my post will be noticed and the relevant help provided.

Some people have said that if you select a category it should work...it does not. I ended up having to post my issue about Photo Sharing to an old iPhoto community...good luck having my question answered.

Help please!

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 8:16 AM

Well, I checked your recent posts and there is only one in an iCloud forum. There aren't any recent ones in Photos except one back in April.

If you start here:

https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

and hit Mac OS software, a submenu will populate and you can choose Photos for Mac (or any other app/OS).

There is also the 30 minute timeout problem: if you haven't done anything for longer than that, you will automatically be logged out. So, next time you encounter this, simply log back in.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2015 8:16 AM in response to thehardquestions1989

Well, I checked your recent posts and there is only one in an iCloud forum. There aren't any recent ones in Photos except one back in April.

If you start here:

https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

and hit Mac OS software, a submenu will populate and you can choose Photos for Mac (or any other app/OS).

There is also the 30 minute timeout problem: if you haven't done anything for longer than that, you will automatically be logged out. So, next time you encounter this, simply log back in.

Cannot post a discussion in the correct Community!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.