Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I increase number of chords on smart keyboard?

There appears to be room for just about eight chords on the smart keyboard -- is there a way to add more chords? I already know how to edit chords, so my question is how to increase the overall number on one keyboard. If that can't be done, is there such a thing as a Garageband-compatible chord-only keyboard or something else I could buy that's super simple and would have chords I could play be pressing a single key? (Am not a real musician, so to speak.)

Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 9:18 AM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 9:55 AM in response to Womanhattan

I guess you are referring to the iOS version of GarageBand, which has its own forum

GarageBand for iOS

But to answer your question, NO, you can't have more than eight Chords on Smart Instruments.

Many of those "press one button and music comes out" keyboard provide such a feature, but I'm not sure if they send that as MIDI notes that you can feed into GarageBand. But I'm sure those keyboards don't provide the "smartness" and easy to use functionality as the Chord feature in GarageBand for iOS.

So you have tow options:

1. Restrict yourself to the limit of eight chords at a time
  2. Learn an instrument and "the sky is the limit"

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

How can I increase number of chords on smart keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.