Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moving plugin manager organisation to a new mac?

Hi.

I have a new mac. Ive started fresh and just installed the plugins as new but i don't have the plugin organisation which took me ages to set up.

Any idea how to transfer it across?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 10:01 AM

This question has been discussed recently

Is there a way to copy a reorganised plug-in structure onto Logic on another computer?

Logic doesn't store the Plugin configuration as one single settings file, it creates a whole group of files. They are stored inside the Tags folder which is stored inside the Databases folder, that itself is stored in the important Audio Music Apps folder where Logic keeps all its various settings files.

~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Databases/Tags/

User uploaded file

Import/Export Sets:

To import or export a specific Plug-in Manager Configuration Set, you just swap the Tags folder in the Finder. Make sure that Logic is not launched during this operations.

Export: Once you have configured the Plug-ins Manager, you just quit Logic and copy the Tags folder in the Finder to a new location. You can even create different configurations and store those different Tags folders.

Import: To import a different Plug-in Manager Configuration Set, quit Logic, delete the current Tags folder and move one of the Tags folder that you have copied before to a different location into the Databases location. Launch Logic and it's there.

Reset: If you completely delete the Tags folder, launch Logic, and open the Plug-in Manager, you will see the default configuration. This is the same effect as clicking on the Restore Factory Button in the upper left corner of the Plug-in Manager. Once you make your first changes in that window, Logic creates a new Tags folder with its corresponding files.

BTW: The files in the Tags folder are XML files, so you can open them in a text editor to understand how Logic is doing its magic.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2015 10:01 AM in response to benjigordon

This question has been discussed recently

Is there a way to copy a reorganised plug-in structure onto Logic on another computer?

Logic doesn't store the Plugin configuration as one single settings file, it creates a whole group of files. They are stored inside the Tags folder which is stored inside the Databases folder, that itself is stored in the important Audio Music Apps folder where Logic keeps all its various settings files.

~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Databases/Tags/

User uploaded file

Import/Export Sets:

To import or export a specific Plug-in Manager Configuration Set, you just swap the Tags folder in the Finder. Make sure that Logic is not launched during this operations.

Export: Once you have configured the Plug-ins Manager, you just quit Logic and copy the Tags folder in the Finder to a new location. You can even create different configurations and store those different Tags folders.

Import: To import a different Plug-in Manager Configuration Set, quit Logic, delete the current Tags folder and move one of the Tags folder that you have copied before to a different location into the Databases location. Launch Logic and it's there.

Reset: If you completely delete the Tags folder, launch Logic, and open the Plug-in Manager, you will see the default configuration. This is the same effect as clicking on the Restore Factory Button in the upper left corner of the Plug-in Manager. Once you make your first changes in that window, Logic creates a new Tags folder with its corresponding files.

BTW: The files in the Tags folder are XML files, so you can open them in a text editor to understand how Logic is doing its magic.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

moving plugin manager organisation to a new mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.