Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wanted: a sample video that has HDCP

As far as I know, none of my video media is currently protected with HDCP. I have yet to rent/purchase a movie from iTunes, partially because I have read that others have experienced difficulty. My AppleTV feeds HDMI to an in-line repeater, then to an HDMI-DVI cable into my several-years-old Toshiba projector. This works wonderfully with my iTunes library (HD and SD) content.

I am looking to find a legal no-charge video that includes HDCP so that I could add it to my iTunes library to test my configuration. There are mixed opinions about this, so more opinions added in reply to this message will be of no value to anybody.

If you know of a legal, downloadable HDCP-protected video (a short length (5 minutes?) video probably with extension .m4v), please disclose it and its current source here.

If/when I get definitive results, I will share then here. Thanks, Brian

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 3.2 GHz Quad Xeon 16GB RAM, 12TB HD

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 9:00 AM

There are no replies.

Wanted: a sample video that has HDCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.