Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can multiple cards be added to the itunes family share plan?

I recently made a purchase and didn't realize that a central card was going to be used. We have family share on for use to share content not credit cards. Is their an adult family share plan that doesn't hold an individual responsible for all purchase. I believe that multiple cards should be supported for itunes family share plan. If individuals were allowed to add their own cards then they could make their own purchases and still have the ability to share the content they wanted. Let me know if I'm far right here. Thank you.

-yoohookid9

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 9:36 AM

Family Sharing is designed for families with underage children with no credit cards. so a single central credit card is used for purchases. Members can use iTunes Gift card credit redeemed onto their account to make purchases without having the central credit card be charged. But It has no provision for adult family members to share Apps purchases with different credit cards.

You can use the feedback link to let Apple know how you feel about it.

http://apple.com/feedback

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2015 9:36 AM in response to yoohookid9

Family Sharing is designed for families with underage children with no credit cards. so a single central credit card is used for purchases. Members can use iTunes Gift card credit redeemed onto their account to make purchases without having the central credit card be charged. But It has no provision for adult family members to share Apps purchases with different credit cards.

You can use the feedback link to let Apple know how you feel about it.

http://apple.com/feedback

Can multiple cards be added to the itunes family share plan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.