Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying smart playlist from iPhone to iTunes?

After updating to iTunes 12.2, my library was wiped completely so I've spent the last few days creating a brand new one (the original library was overwritten and no trace can be found on my hard drive).

Although my library was wiped from my laptop, I am yet to sync my phone. Therefore the music currently on my phone is from my previous library.

I've exported the static playlists from my phone to a folder on my hard drive and imported them without a problem. However, when I try to import the smart playlists iTunes replaces the tracks from the previous library with those in the new library. As such, my old "Recently Added" which had 168 songs suddenly has 2012 songs when I import it into iTunes.

I've converted the original smart playlist to a .txt file and can see the details of the original tracks embedded in the file but not sure if this is relevant.

Essentially, is there a way of copying the exact smart playlist from my phone to a new iTunes library?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 8:47 AM

There are no replies.

Copying smart playlist from iPhone to iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.