Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Family Share not working

I recently had my dad start a Family Plan on iTunes which enables him to share music, apps, etc. with my iCloud account. However, when I go to where the shared music would be (under the Purchased section on iTunes), it comes up with a message that says "this iTunes account is not set up to use Family Sharing." The weird part is, my dad can see my purchases but it's just I can't see his. All of my music has been purchased under his account over the years, and since I'm going off to college soon, I'd like to have my music. How can I fix this?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 9:47 AM

1 reply

Aug 6, 2015 8:00 AM in response to soccer18j

Hi soccer18j,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you have seemingly set up Family Sharing with your father and while he can see your purchases as expected, you cannot see his. To begin troubleshooting this situation, I would recommend reading over and working through the suggested steps located in the attached article below.

If you don't see your family's shared content - Apple Support

Best regards

iTunes Family Share not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.