Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sound from ear speaker

I have cleaned all dirt and grime from the ear speaker on my iPhone 5, also reset settings, tried using control panel volume bar, restarted. Still no sound. No warranty. The issue is with ear speaker not the loud speaker. I noticed about two weeks ago the volume got really low then a couple days ago I noticed no sound At all. Any suggestions? Thanks

MacBook Air (11-inch Late 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 10:11 AM

1 reply

Aug 6, 2015 8:31 AM in response to stevewiebe

Hello stevewiebe,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are no longer hearing any sound from the receiver on your iPhone and realize that you have gone through some great troubleshooting steps already. To continue this troubleshooting process and to ensure that all valid troubleshooting steps have been completed, I would suggest reading over and working through the suggested steps in the attached article below.

If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound quality is poor on iPhone - Apple Support

If, after completing the steps, the issue continues, it may be necessary to contact Apple Support using the link towards the bottom of the article.

Have a great day

no sound from ear speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.