Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notifications do not appear on lock screen

I have iPhone 6 plus running 8.4. I have iPad running 8.4.

When I receive email on iPad (when screen is black) it wakes up screen and shows email notification.

The iPhone is not doing that. Nothing is showing up.

I have compared the settings on both and they are the same.

Anyone have any ideas? This has been bugging me for few days and I cannot find a solution.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 10:55 AM

1 reply

Aug 6, 2015 8:59 AM in response to BGmail

Hey BGmail,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you are not receiving notifications for email only. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

About Notifications on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Not getting notifications for a specific app

Push notifications require an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection. If you’re not getting notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Notifications to verify that the app supports notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, make sure that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.
  2. Make sure you’re signed in to your Apple ID.
  3. If you’ve recently installed an app or restored a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a good one

notifications do not appear on lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.