Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon 60D and Quicktime 2048 Error

I have a Canon 60D and I recorded a bunch of videos over the weekend. The first 2 open and work. The remaining 8 - 10 pop up a QT 2048 Error...any help?

I tried Remo Repair Mov and it worked for one video but not the others. Please help!!!

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 9:40 AM

4 replies

Aug 6, 2015 8:00 AM in response to Michael Alvord

Hi Michael,

What is the format of the files on your camera? It's possible that Quicktime is not able to open them and they may need to be converted to a different format. Are you needing to edit the video clips? If so, iMovie or Final Cut Pro X may be needed. You can download a trial version of our professional video editing software here: Apple - Final Cut Pro X - Trial

Take care,

Aug 6, 2015 8:13 AM in response to judysings

Hello,

Thanks for your response. So far I haven't found anything that can open them. I tried QT, iMovie, Final Cut Pro X...I even tried some apps on my work Windows PC. Everything I use says the files can't be opened. The QT error says "Error -2048: Couldn't open the file MVI_7267.mov because it is not a file that QuickTime understands. The crazy thing is there are 10 files on the SD Card two of which open and the other eight do not.

The demo versions of Remo Repair MOV and Yodot MOV Repair programs worked on one file, but not on all. Also, the demo software only allows a preview. I am reluctant to pay $69 for something that may or may not work.

I was hoping there was some other software or service that could fix the videos.

Thanks again,

Michael

Canon 60D and Quicktime 2048 Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.