Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My hard drive crashed. I replaced it and restored from time machine. Now my FCP 7 "quits unexpectedly" when I attempt to open the program.. What gives?

My hard drive crashed. I replaced it and restored my system (operating Snow Leopard) from Time Machine. Now my FCP 7 program "quits unexpectedly" when I try to open the program. I'd appreciate any suggestions

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 11:25 AM

2 replies

Aug 4, 2015 11:55 AM in response to D eye Joe

The first procedure when FCP begins to act unexpectedly is to trash your preferences:

Final Cut Pro 7: Troubleshooting Basics - Apple Support

Or you can download Preference Manager from Digital Rebellion (free) and it will do the heavy lifting for you:

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

With either method, your preference will be set to default when you next launch FCP.

I would also use Disk Utility to verify and fix permissions on your drive after having done the restore.

MtD

My hard drive crashed. I replaced it and restored from time machine. Now my FCP 7 "quits unexpectedly" when I attempt to open the program.. What gives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.