Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having a problem finding my HP printer via wireless. It cannot find the printer on the network.

With an Epson and now with an HP printer I sometimes cannot connect to the printer via my wireless connection. It says it cannot find the printer even though it is the default printer. It happens intermittently.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 11:19 AM

1 reply

Aug 6, 2015 9:06 AM in response to BosstownBobby

Hello BosstownBobby,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

In order to help troubleshoot this issue where your Mac is unable to print to your Wi-Fi printer, please reset your printing system and then add your printer back.

1. Open the Printers & Scanners pane of System Preferences, then select your printer and click the minus (-) button to remove it from the list.
  2. Follow the steps in the previous section to add your printer.
  3. If the issue persists, reset the printing system, then follow the steps in the previous section once more.

Get help resolving printer issues on your Mac - Apple Support

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Take care.

Having a problem finding my HP printer via wireless. It cannot find the printer on the network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.