Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I keep the keyboard illumination on at full brightness on a MacBook Pro OS 10.6.8 duriong use in the dark.

How can I keep the keyboard illumination on at full brightness when using the MacBook Pro in total darknes. Currently the keyboard illuminatio fluxuates from full on to off as I use the keyboard in the dark.

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 11:47 AM

It may be making adjustments to the background lighting. You can tape over the sensor located by the camera on top of the display.

Ciao.

3 replies

Aug 5, 2015 8:17 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

I could find no small holes on my Mac, but I did find that somewhere in the speaker perforations were sensors. I taped both the photo lense area and both speaker areas. The keboard illumination continued tp fluctuate from off to bright. I opened the Mac in darkness, turned down the display brightness with the f1 key and turned up the keyboard brightness with the f10 key, removed the tape from everywhere, and the keyborad stayed bright.

How can I keep the keyboard illumination on at full brightness on a MacBook Pro OS 10.6.8 duriong use in the dark.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.