Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get my ipod 5th generation out of recovery mode

I was doing a software update when my laptop turned off leaving my ipod in recovery mode how do i get it out of recovery mode? with itunes asking me to restore my ipod but i dont want to lose anything as it isnt backed up. I have pressed down the home button and power button for 10 seconds so the apple icon comes on then it goes back to recovery mode. I have installed tinyumbrella however when i go on their website there are range of links and i dont know which link it is, when opening tinyumberella it comes up with file, action, view, connected and history and select a device. Nothing is happening so it isnt reading my ipod. PLEASE HELP been trying to do something all day

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 11:29 AM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 12:42 PM in response to paigecummings97

Try the remaining items of:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

How to get my ipod 5th generation out of recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.