Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly my mac mini (running 10.6.4) refused to open Safari...

…It tries.Looks like it wanting to try to open, but poof, it's gone. An error message, asks if I want to report the incident to Apple or not…I downloaded a browser from the Apple Store and it works. I've also downloaded Firefox and Chrome but have not enabled either one. I would like to try to remedy this "glitch" if possible, as I like the way Safari works. I've had no prior problems with Safari like this.Any idea why Safari would aact this way or how to fix it? Thanks.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Manufactured late 2009

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 12:59 PM

7 replies

Aug 5, 2015 5:37 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

…...Thanks for your uninstall info. I loaded the other browsers to see if they would work properly and they do. I tried launching Safari several times yesterday and all attempts failed. I was lucky to get the free browser through the Apps Store or I wouldn't be able to use the web at all. I understand the direction you have given me, but I don't see how the results would be any different today. I mean, the conditions are the same, no?

Aug 5, 2015 6:58 AM in response to Eric Root

...Thanks for your reply, Eric. I gave misleading information in the headline of my question as I'm running OS 10.8.5 (not 10.6.4) and I had been keeping up with the latest updates...I have been using Firefox since yesterday, but after reading Carolyn Samit's post I decided to try signing on with Safari again today, and IT WORKS! Why? I don't know. I can't say that I "trust" it though not knowing what went wrong in the first place or how it "fixed" itself. Think I'm dealing with somekind of AI, here (lol). My thanks to all who gave this consideration.TGMB

Suddenly my mac mini (running 10.6.4) refused to open Safari...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.