Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad mini stuck in recovery, error 3194. tried 3 tips, none work dont have access to another computer. Isn't having one computer enough Apple?ipad mini stuck in recovery, error 3194. tried 3 tips, none work dont have access to another computer. Isn't

ipad mini stuck in recovery, error 3194. tried 3 tips, none work dont have access to another computer.

So now what do i do. ipad mini is just stuck in recovery mode asking to plug in to itunes. have latest vesion for the computer i have but not working.

iPad Mini

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 12:38 PM

3 replies

Aug 4, 2015 12:43 PM in response to Daniels5660

Which were you trying to do, jailbreak it, or install an older iOS on the device. Those are the only two instances where this error shows up. While the device is in recovery mode, follow the steps in this support document to see if you can recover. Otherwise, you may have to try DFU mode (Google for instructions) or you have mucked up the device. If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Aug 4, 2015 2:00 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Oh Chris, love the assumptions. But you couldn't be more wrong. The ipad mini in question had started to turn itself off on its own then restart. So an idea came to mind to try and restore through itunes but this time erase and restore. Well half way through we had a power cut and once i restarted my computer it said it cant update. It's now stuck in recovery mode. I dont see how I have mucked it up, suppose you think your such a know it all. well on this occasion you couldnt be more wrong.

Aug 4, 2015 2:19 PM in response to Daniels5660

Daniels5660 wrote:

Oh Chris, love the assumptions. But you couldn't be more wrong. The ipad mini in question had started to turn itself off on its own then restart. So an idea came to mind to try and restore through itunes but this time erase and restore. Well half way through we had a power cut and once i restarted my computer it said it cant update. It's now stuck in recovery mode. I dont see how I have mucked it up, suppose you think your such a know it all. well on this occasion you couldnt be more wrong.

I don't remember reading any of those additional details in your original post, which could have made quite a difference. Fact is, the assumption I made is the same one that Apple makes with that particular error. You can still use the information provided in the link that I posted for unable to update or restore. If that does not work, then it is still possible that the device is mucked up, due to the power outage. Either way, if you cannot get it to complete the restore, then make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple store and have the device looked at.

To be honest, I'm glad I was wrong, since it means Apple would still service the device, which they would not have done if what I asked had been performed. Anyone else would have assumed the same thing based on the error produced and no additional explanations. You can also try the information provided in this support document. Is it possible your computer was used to modify another device in the past? That could lead to the things you might need to check in this support document. If you see Error 3194, Error 17, or 'This device isn't eligible for the requested build' in iTunes - Apple Support

ipad mini stuck in recovery, error 3194. tried 3 tips, none work dont have access to another computer. Isn't having one computer enough Apple?ipad mini stuck in recovery, error 3194. tried 3 tips, none work dont have access to another computer. Isn't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.