Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

issues with text message forwarding

I just got a new iPhone but for some reason the text message forwarding and the FaceTime is not working in my iPad and Mac. If I go to my message settings, I select the text message forwarding in my phone, a messages pops up asking me to enter the code received in my iPad and mac but I never get the codes in those devices, also, I can receive call in my mac and iPad but can make any calls from these two devices. Can you help me?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2015 9:21 AM

Hi GeorgeCR91,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you are having trouble getting the verification code to enable text message forwarding. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

1. Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  2. On your iPhone: Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address. Then, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  3. Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

With Continuity, you can make and receive cellular phone calls from your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac when your iPhone is on the same Wi-Fi network.

To make and receive phone calls, here's what you need:

1. Sign in to the same iCloud account on all your devices, including your Mac.
  2. Your iPhone and your iPad or iPod touch need to use iOS 8 or later. Your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  3. All devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
  4. All devices must be signed in to FaceTime using the same iCloud account. This means any device that shares your Apple ID will get your phone calls. Look below for instructions on how to turn off iPhone cellular calls.
  5. Wi-Fi Calling needs to be off. Go to Settings > Phone. If you see Wi-Fi Calling, turn it off.

Cheers

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2015 9:21 AM in response to GeorgeCR91

Hi GeorgeCR91,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you are having trouble getting the verification code to enable text message forwarding. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

1. Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  2. On your iPhone: Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address. Then, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  3. Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

With Continuity, you can make and receive cellular phone calls from your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac when your iPhone is on the same Wi-Fi network.

To make and receive phone calls, here's what you need:

1. Sign in to the same iCloud account on all your devices, including your Mac.
  2. Your iPhone and your iPad or iPod touch need to use iOS 8 or later. Your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  3. All devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
  4. All devices must be signed in to FaceTime using the same iCloud account. This means any device that shares your Apple ID will get your phone calls. Look below for instructions on how to turn off iPhone cellular calls.
  5. Wi-Fi Calling needs to be off. Go to Settings > Phone. If you see Wi-Fi Calling, turn it off.

Cheers

issues with text message forwarding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.