Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud photo library can only be used with one library at a time

When switching to a new mac, i get this message:

"icloud photo library can only be used with one library at a time"

Even after reinstalling the old one.

What should i do next?

Tnx

MacBook, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 12:53 PM

12 replies

Aug 5, 2015 6:31 AM in response to Winston Churchill

After moving from MB air to the new MB, i used Migration Assistant to copy my user and all of it's data (I reinstalled the MB air so i can sell it)

The problem is that Now, when i'm inside Photos i can see 14k pics but actually i have more then 60k pics.

I tried going into the iCloud preferences and mark the V sign next to the "iCloud Photo library"

but it gives me the "icloud photo library can only be used with one library at a time" error

I want to be able to mark this option so that i can see all 60k pics on my Photo App. BUT i cannot due to this error.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Aug 11, 2015 5:44 AM in response to shacharn

I just changed my hd and I did the same, cloned the old one to the new one and it did not work. Now I tried something and it worked.>

Go to mac settings > turn off icloud (delete icloud items from mac and sign out)

Go to your account and go on the main pictures folder you will find a Photos folder with nearly the same icon as the photos application and throw it in the trash

Go back on mac settings > turn on icloud again

Turn on every item you had so that it will be the same. open the photos application and it will automatically ask you to create a new library.
Go back to the settings and tick every box in the photos from the icloud.
Done
thats how i did it hope it works!

icloud photo library can only be used with one library at a time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.