Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to have a french Itunes account but keep EVERYTHING in English

I am on Yosemite 10.10.4. Itunes translate everything now that I moved to France. I want to be able to see trailers, renting movies and buying them in original version. Eveen movies or TV shows tittle in english.

The Apple language preferences doesn't help... It ***** as usual... Apple what happened to you dammit?...

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 1:19 PM

3 replies

Aug 4, 2015 1:28 PM in response to oriaxusa

Apple are not here, these are user-to-user forums.

Apple can only sell in a particular country what the rights-holders have granted them licenses to sell there. If the English language versions aren't available (either as separate films or as audio tracks on the French films) then you could try contacting the film studio and ask them to allow Apple to sell them, or try requesting them from iTunes (though without a license Apple won't be able to do it) : http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

For the language within iTunes itself : iTunes: Changing the display language - Apple Support

Note: No matter what you set your language to, some content on the iTunes Store (such as album names and movie names) will still display in their original language; it is mostly the navigation buttons, tabs, and so on which will be affected by changing the language.

Aug 4, 2015 3:09 PM in response to King_Penguin

Thank you

Frankly I don't care about the nav In Itunes. I know how to change that. And it's not about the rights of a movie either. You should be able to choose to play a movie trailer like, let's say, Fast and Furious 12 in English instead of french. Being in France doesn't mean you are French (actually I am). But if you are a Japanese guy relocating in Spain for work or living there for whatever reason, I assume you want to see stuff in your native language if you don't speak Spanish... I understand for some movies or TV shows which are not yet dubbed nor subtitled, but for the average crap Itunes is selling (which is licensed pretty much all over the world), you should be able to have an option to play things in the original language... To have episode or movie titles in their native language.

Makes sense?

How to have a french Itunes account but keep EVERYTHING in English

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.