Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers file locked up

So I'm working on a file and it is suddenly locked up. I can't do anything with it. I exited Numbers and re-launched -- no result. Restart computer -- no result. What to do? Numbers 3.5.3. I'd attach it to this question but there is apparently no way to do that. Any hints? MacBook Pro, OS 10.10.4. thanks

Numbers 3.5.3

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 1:42 PM

9 replies

Aug 4, 2015 7:34 PM in response to Wayne Contello

I did as you suggested with no change. By "no result" I mean, for instance, hover over a cell and click: nothing, nothing happens. Nada. In a separate window, highlight some text and Cmd C, go to the spreadsheet and hover over a cell and Cmd V: the text does not appear in the cell but something that looks like a text box in Pages appears somewhere on the spreadsheet. I'd be happy to send the spreadsheet to you but need an address.

Aug 19, 2015 9:01 PM in response to Dr. Dave

Did you get this problem resolved? I think mine is the same as yours- new Mac OS 10.10.4 with Numbers 3.5.3.

An old file brought into Numbers from Excel can be edited Ok, but a Numbers file that I started de novo recently is now locked. I did do a time machine backup after the most recent edits on that Numbers file, but that shouldn't have frozen the file, should it?

Numbers file locked up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.