Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store software updates not installing

Whenever I have a notification of a software update, I will go into the App Store to update it. The problem I'm having is that it will show that it has been updated under "Updates installed in the last 30 days" but they really aren't. When I click on the Update button, the progress bar appears for a very brief moment and then disappears.

If you view the two screenshots, you'll see that the software mentioned that needs updating is already showing as being updated. In addition to that issue, none of the software reflects the version numbers showing in the update when checked. IE., as an example, the OS Update Combined 10.10.4 in the app store, shows as shows as 10.10.1 in About this Mac on my computer. iTunes 12.12.1 in the App Store is 12.0.1.26 on my computer.

My questions:

1. Why does the App Store show the apps as having been updated when my computer says otherwise?

2. Why does the App Store keep showing me I need these updates when they also appear as being installed in the Update section of the App Store?

3. How do I correct this problem and get the updates it appears haven't been installed?

I have tried reinstalling the complete OS Yosemite 3 times with no luck so far.User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Mid 2010 3.6 Ghz - 1TB HD - 8GB Ram

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 12:45 PM

1 reply

Aug 6, 2015 12:50 AM in response to RalphTomaccio

No need to reinstall the OS.

This is a problem with the App Store and very little is seeming to be done about it. Send Apple feedback.

However you can go to Apple Support Downloads page and get the downloads listed above from there.

The most recent updates are listed on the first page, but if you press the Browse By Product button

and select a corresponding category you should find the updates you need. Unfortunately not all updates can be found

here, i.e Safari, which is terrible. The download speeds are faster and the connection is much less likely to fail.

To check for installed updates , click About This Mac, System Report, Software, Installations.

Good Luck

App Store software updates not installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.