Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless printers not showing up

Teachers on school networked MacBook Airs, running Yosemite have permission to install printers. When home, several of them cannot print to their wireless printers. They show up in system preferences, but not in the list of printers when printing. When they set it as the default within system preferences, it does not stick. Other teacher have no issues whatsoever. Needless to say, this is frustrating all around!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 12:55 PM

3 replies

Aug 6, 2015 10:59 AM in response to St. Matt's

Hi St. Matt's,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that several users are having printing using Wi-Fi from their Apple computers. To begin troubleshooting this situation, I would recommend reading over and working through the suggested steps in the attached article below.

Get help resolving printer issues on your Mac - Apple Support

You mention in your question that this behavior seems to happen when they are home. If by home, you mean at their actual place of residence and not a Home Room while at school, this could be an issue with Wi-Fi printing compatibility for their specific printers as well. For general information about connecting and using a Wi-Fi enabled printer, the next article may be useful as well.

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Best regards

Aug 6, 2015 12:03 PM in response to St. Matt's

Hello St. Matt's,

I'm sorry that this issue continues and you were not able to get any resolution by working through the above articles. To get the best support possible moving forward, you may want to contact Apple Support directly to discuss the issue. If you would like to do so, please use the link below for information on how to contact Apple Support.

Contact Apple Support - Apple Support

Cheers

Wireless printers not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.