Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 2008 and ASUS MX279H audio issue.

Hi, I recently received a Mac Pro 2008, and I have an Asus MX279H monitor. I have previously used this monitor to connect my MacBook Pro 2008, even outputting the audio on the Asus. However, after attempting to plug the audio cable from the Asus into the Mac Pro, it seems to not work. I've plugged it into the speaker output on the back, headphone jack on the front, and no audio comes out. I have used regular headphones and an external speaker, and those work fine with the headphone jack; I've checked the System Preferences and the monitor doesn't show as a "headphones" option in the Output tab. Is there something I'm missing here?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 1:03 PM

3 replies

Mac Pro 2008 and ASUS MX279H audio issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.