Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes installation problem Windows 10

Error message:

Microsoft.VC80.CRT,type="win32",version="8.0.50727.5592",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b 9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="amd64"'Erreur0x80073715

or

Apple Application Support was not found. Apple Application Support is required to run iTunes. Please uninstall iTunes, then install iTunes again. Error 2 (Windows error 2)

I managed to fix my problem , it seems that this is a bad installation Redistributable Package Microsoft Visual C ++ 2010 SP1 (x64) , which can be found at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=13523
Having already installed on my device , I ordered a repair during package execution .

Then, I was able to install the latest version of iTunes , found at: https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
The problem was the inability to install Apple Application Support 64-bit ( Version 32 is installed and still allow me to be able to use iTunes 12.2.1 for Windows ( 64-bit version for older video cards). Yes, because in the meantime, you can still use this version , which can be found on iTunes 12.2.1 pour Windows (version 64 bits pour les anciennes cartes vidéo)

So, have a nice day.

PS : I'm a French guy, and my english isn't be perfect!

Windows 10-OTHER, Other OS, null

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 1:59 PM

5 replies

Feb 4, 2017 6:46 AM in response to hkwhelan

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Feb 2, 2017 4:44 PM in response to RAIIIIN

Tried this -- disaster.

Downloaded the Redistributable Package Microsoft Visual C ++ 2010 SP1 (x64). Wasn't able to "repair" as it wasn't installed on my computer so just let it install.

I am now not able to get iTunes to download. Keep getting a "Failed-Network error."

I'm now going back to square one and will install the above and hope I can get iTunes. Ugh!

iTunes installation problem Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.