Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the Safari spelling of favorite to favourite (in Safari itself not in text boxes)

I've changed my primary language to English UK but Safari doesn't seem to take any notice and still spells favourites as favorites, which isn't the British English spelling.

In text boxes, the spelling is corrected OK. I'm interested in the headings and panels in Safari that refer to favourites. Is there more localisation in Safari which will resolve this?

Best regards.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 2:26 PM

2 replies

Aug 4, 2015 6:04 PM in response to alpha_babbage

alpha_babbage wrote:

I'm interested in the headings and panels in Safari that refer to favourites. Is there more localisation in Safari which will resolve this?

No. Apple has never localized OS X into British English. I think the only Apple app where it was done is iTunes. You can ask Apple to add the feature you want via

http://www.apple.com/feedback

How can I change the Safari spelling of favorite to favourite (in Safari itself not in text boxes)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.