Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charged iPhone 3G and iTune screen with USB cord popped up

Trying to open it one last time to download the info to put in the new phones. If it waited one day more it would've been fine.

Now it shuts off and opens to the graphic USB plugging into iTunes fail screen. Then it shuts off and launches again till the battery dies. Help!

iPhone 3G on Win XP (usually I run Linux Mint but this was the old backup dual boot)

I want the photos and phone numbers then it can self destruct AFAIC.

Apple Iphone 3G, iPhone OS 3.0.1

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2015 12:12 PM

Hi carnuck,

It sounds like your phone constantly tries to boot but keeps restarting on its own, with the symbol to connect to iTunes. I would try a force restart first:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If the issue persists then you may need to manually put the device into Recovery Mode, but keep in mind this will delete the data on it so you will have to restore from a backup once that is done.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2015 12:12 PM in response to carnuck

Hi carnuck,

It sounds like your phone constantly tries to boot but keeps restarting on its own, with the symbol to connect to iTunes. I would try a force restart first:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If the issue persists then you may need to manually put the device into Recovery Mode, but keep in mind this will delete the data on it so you will have to restore from a backup once that is done.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Charged iPhone 3G and iTune screen with USB cord popped up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.