Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone 5S won't open my mail I get a Cannot open mail Failed to connect to server message

Whenever I try to check my mail ( all inboxes for three sites) I get a message "Cannot Get Mail. Connection to the server failed." This same thing would happen about a year after I got the phone, then it just went away. Does anyone know if a setting is not set right? Or by "server" is it talking about my Verizon provider?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2015 11:55 AM

Hello texaz56,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your iPhone. If you are unable to check your email in the Mail application on your iPhone, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Get help with Mail on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

3 replies

Aug 30, 2015 8:56 PM in response to brenden dv

Hi brenden

I'm sorry to take so long to reply. Unfortunately, the article you gave a link to did not help. (It mentions the two step ID verification. I tried that and got rid of it right away. I already had yahoo, outlook and Gmail accounts. I didn't need more passwords to remember.) But, as it had done before, the problem resolved itself. Or it's very possible I stumbled on to another fix, while just trying to learn more about the phone. I am however, hoping to keep this question from being archived so I can find the link again easily should I need it.

I just wanted to thank you for your reply.

Best wishes

my iPhone 5S won't open my mail I get a Cannot open mail Failed to connect to server message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.