Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing photos with my family

What is the best way to store all my pictures and music on one centralize drive and then allow my family to source them from there computers, IPads, and IPhones?

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 4:40 PM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 5:14 PM in response to Niko3245

If you mean iphoto and itunes libraries.. follow the instructions you have possibly already read.

https://www.apple.com/au/support/itunes/sharing/

Apple do not make it easy to do this via a network.. your choices basically are to share it from a Mac in the network.. or iCloud.

Since access from iCloud for everyone in your house is kind of ridiculous I recommend for now using a cheap mac mini or something like that as a media computer..

You will need to get more expert opinion on what has changed if you go from iphoto to the new photos app in yosemite.. I am not sure of all the problems but you can bet there are lots.. post for photos in that specific area.

The extend wireless document you posted from is not relevant to this issue.. so I am wondering if you have something else you want to ask.

Sharing photos with my family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.