Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot install iTunes on windows 7 64bit on New PC

Hello,

I have a new hard drive and Windows 7 64bit OS installed on it. I've downloaded the 64bit version and it will not install. I've tried over a dozen times and always get this message:

"Error occurred during installation before iTunes could be configured."

"Your system has not been modified. To complete the

installation, run the installer again."

I don't have any Apple software installed, so I'm not sure what to do. Please give me advice or, better yet, a fix for this issue.

Thank you!

Windows 7

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 3:13 PM

2 replies

Aug 6, 2015 12:09 PM in response to brianfromlaurel

If the post above hasn't helped then for general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

If the issue persists and you have a 64-bit system try the for older video cards version which is a 64-bit installer for mostly 32-bit code, similar to all 64-bit versions of iTunes up to 12.1.

tt2

Cannot install iTunes on windows 7 64bit on New PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.