Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i swap my iPhone with my wife and i changed apple id one many places including iTunes (updated my credit card and everything else) App store shows few updates, when i m trying to update apps ,

i swap my new iphone 6 plus with her iphone 6, i changed apple id on both phones, and everything was normal until app store shows few update apps. When i m trying to update apps it is asking my wife's iTunes password even though i changed and update information on my iTunes and app store, why does it asking my wife info when i m trying to update apps?

thank you

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 6:10 PM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 11:40 PM in response to armaganfromcoconut creek

All apps are tied to the account that downloaded them from the store, if they were downloaded by your wife's account then only her account will be able to download their updates - you would have to delete the apps (which will delete their content) and buy/download them on your account for you to be able to download future updates to them on your account

i swap my iPhone with my wife and i changed apple id one many places including iTunes (updated my credit card and everything else) App store shows few updates, when i m trying to update apps ,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.