Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 on a 2014 Mac mini

So, I have normally been running Windows 8.1 x64 with no issues at all on a late-2014 Mac mini i5. After a clean install using Boot Camp drivers, the Broadcom bluetooth controller and the integrated IR receiver are unable to load drivers. Will there be any updates to Boot Camp? Has any other user had success with locating drivers via Windows Update? Someone else's experience would help my troubleshooting. Thanks kindly in advance.

Mac mini (Late 2014), Other OS

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 3:16 PM

7 replies

Aug 5, 2015 4:35 PM in response to Loner T

1) I have tried clean install of 8.1 without BC drivers then upgrade to 10. I have also tried a clean install of 8.1 and BC drivers before upgrade as well as after upgrade.

2) Yes. the Broadcom bluetooth module and the Cirrus HDMI audio controller

3) No the IR receiver is active and responding in OS X.

Thanks for the reply. It may not sound like it given i'm on here asking for help but I do technical support for a living and just wanted to get some collaborative help and team up on this. Sometimes a fresh perspective is a big help so thanks again for responding.

Aug 5, 2015 5:54 PM in response to NHITGeek

On the W8.1 BCA-created USB, in the Bootcamp folder, look under the Drivers folder. There should be Broadcom and a Cirrus Folder. Manually install the drivers using Administrative Privileges with W8 compatibility and check if the unknown devices are no longer unknown. Please test functionality if the devices work as expected.

Aug 6, 2015 5:09 PM in response to Loner T

Hey that's actually a very good thought and I appreciate your help. Sometimes its better to get another person's perspective so thank you. This works but the drivers appear unsigned - non impacting though. So far, I was also able to locate reference drivers from the respective vendors which now offer signatures for NT6.4 so this looks to be resolved.

Windows 10 on a 2014 Mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.