Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can apple access pictures in icloud more than 30 days old in dire situation?

I lost some very important pictures after losing my iphone recently. My last itunes backup was 6 months before I lost my phone and the pictures I really need to see again are from less than 2 months ago May, 17th. I did not backup to the cloud either but the last 30 days of pictures should be in the cloud still. I am hoping that someone can try and access pictures more than 30 days old for me. In reality they would be anywhere from 30-60 days old.

iPhone 5

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 4:29 PM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 4:37 PM in response to Vancrizzy

You are not addressing Apple here. This is a user to user support forum. Also, Apple has no access to your pictures. If you can sign into iCloud from another device, you could see your photos that are less than 30 days old. Older photos are not availabe. That storage is temporary storage and failure to backup that, or import the photos to the computer for permanent storage is where you made your mistake. Also, not backing up the device for 6 months, when there are backup methods that do not require any activity on your part except to plug the phone in. Without a backup, that is how data is lost.

Can apple access pictures in icloud more than 30 days old in dire situation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.