Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I move my Clash of Clans account from my old device to my new device without knowing the Gamecenter it is attached to?

My questions is, how can I move my Clash of Clans account from my old device to my new device without knowing the Gamecenter attached to it? I've been playing CoC for years now and I've always played on my iPhone 4S, but now I'd like to upgrade to a 6. The problem is, when I made my Clash of Clans account so many years ago I had no intention of playing it for as long as I have, so I have no idea what the Gamecenter could possibly be for it. Is it possible for my to get my account from one device to another in the position I'm in?

I hope I posted this under the right category.

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 3:57 PM

6 replies

Aug 4, 2015 4:20 PM in response to Drew Reece

I've tried doing a dozen different things to move it over, so the last used Apple ID wasn't the original one used to create it. I contacted Supercell a while ago and their response was:

"If you've lost all access to your Game Center ID (the AppleID you have been using in Game Center), you will need to ask Apple for assistance (http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/) to recover it. Unfortunately, we are not able to locate/reset Game Center usernames or passwords, as the Game Center app is managed entirely by Apple."

It seems the only way to transfer progress is to sign in with the same Game Center. Or am I understanding that wrong?

Aug 4, 2015 4:06 PM in response to namhsiF

Game Center uses your Apple ID. The game should prompt you to sign in to Game Centre if you dig into it's settings. Game Centre is also an app on the phone, look at that to see the last used Apple ID.

You should contact the makers of Clash of Clans. Only they know how the game progress is saved. You may need to backup to iTunes & then restore the 4S backup to the iPhone 6. It may also be saved online e.g. iCloud or on their own servers.

I think Game Centre only saves achievements, it doesn't seem to restore game progress as far as I can see.

Aug 4, 2015 5:18 PM in response to namhsiF

If SuperCell say the progress is saved in Game Centre then you need to use the same Apple ID.

If you have a Mac you may want to sign into Game Centre to see if the account has the achievements for CoC. At least that won't try to sync progress & ruin your current game. you can sign out & try the other Apple ID's you setup. If you have forgotten the Apple ID I don't think you have much choice but to contact Apple, do you have an Apple store nearby?

Aug 4, 2015 5:50 PM in response to namhsiF

You can try calling support, but I suspect it is easier to find a store & ask for help, it is unclear how they can fix this but perhaps they can work out what ID's were used.

The contact info is on the support page.

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

I would backup in iTunes before you begin incase they want you to have one before making any changes.

How can I move my Clash of Clans account from my old device to my new device without knowing the Gamecenter it is attached to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.