Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck in Windows 7, can't go back to OSX

So I wanted to play some games (Unavailable on Mac) and I installed Windows 7 through Boot Camp assistant. I followed all the steps it gave me and then once Windows 7 was installed I couldn't go back to OSX, even when I restart and hold down the control key it just automatically boots up to Windows.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 9:37 PM

1. Do you have Control Panel -> System -> Boot Camp? If you do not, the BC drivers need to be installed. Once installed you can use Boot Camp: Set the default operating system .

2. If you do not have the Boot Camp Control Panel then run the following two procedures

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

and test.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2015 9:37 PM in response to Matthew9391

1. Do you have Control Panel -> System -> Boot Camp? If you do not, the BC drivers need to be installed. Once installed you can use Boot Camp: Set the default operating system .

2. If you do not have the Boot Camp Control Panel then run the following two procedures

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

and test.

Stuck in Windows 7, can't go back to OSX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.