Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can install an extra 1tb or 2tb HDD to new macbookpro?

can install an extra 1tb or 2tb HDD to new macbookpro? i am looking to buy a MBP £1500 the only stops me is the hard drive space. other brands at the same price have massive storages spaces. huh

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 3:53 PM

8 replies

Aug 4, 2015 5:27 PM in response to shaaki

In case you weren't aware, MacBooks come with really Really fast SSD Flash Drives wich save energy, are way more expensive and don't corrupt as fast, not normal HDDs. Otherwise you're not supposed to be able to change them, there are severe hard- and software restrictions. If you want a big and cheap hard drive consider buying a Mac Mini or iMac with a Fusion Drive.

Aug 5, 2015 6:12 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Nearly all the new laptops are coming with SSD for booting and HDD for storage option even if there is no SSD then you can install your own mSATA ssd which is more faster then SSD, i myself bought a windows laptop in 2007 at that time it was fine but after 2012 it started getting slower i checked the motherboard and there was space for SSD i quickly installed new SSD and it gave a new life to laptop, it is still working fine because of SSD but still i want to buy new laptop to upgrade, all windows laptops have ssd thing option except Apple macs but iSheeps don't see anything, i will stick to windows

Aug 5, 2015 6:35 PM in response to shaaki

shaaki wrote:

Nearly all the new laptops are coming with SSD for booting and HDD for storage option even if there is no SSD then you can install your own mSATA ssd which is more faster then SSD, i myself bought a windows laptop in 2007 at that time it was fine but after 2012 it started getting slower i checked the motherboard and there was space for SSD i quickly installed new SSD and it gave a new life to laptop, it is still working fine because of SSD but still i want to buy new laptop to upgrade, all windows laptops have ssd thing option except Apple macs but iSheeps don't see anything, i will stick to windows

OK I also use Windows. Windows runs well. Good luck getting a Windows laptop that meets your requirements. I'll just ignore your swipe at us Apple users who are trying to help you.

can install an extra 1tb or 2tb HDD to new macbookpro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.