Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

relink file inside library

I have several files that need to be relinked. They are in the library file, in the package, so when I click to relink and search for the file it doesn't appear. I assume that somehow Apple's search function doesn't look inside packages. If I right click and choose "Reveal in Finder" it goes straight to that file, it just won't reconnect to it. I tried transcoding the media but it seems to think it doesn't exist, the choices are greyed out.

It's like an endless loop, the file is there but FCPX can't see it, the finder search can't find it because it's inside a package, I can't direct the relink search box to it because it won't let me dissect a package in that window. I could select each file, remove it from the FCPX library and re import it but wow that could be really tedious.

I'm still at a loss as to how so many files never get moved yet FCPX loses track of them and they sporadically become "Missing Files".

Thanks for any clues.

FCPX 10.2.1 MacBook Pro, latest OS, 16GB ram.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 2:56 PM

3 replies

relink file inside library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.