Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 6, how do I get my music from my 5S on it?

I Just got a new phone. I did a back up of my 5s and set up my 6 as a backup from that phone. My iTunes library is all nutty. Almost no songs transferred. The playlists are there, but not the actual songs. I tried to use the cable with my laptop, but got a warning that my phone (the 6) was synched with icloud and the information would be replaced (lost)
Advice?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 6:46 PM

3 replies

Aug 4, 2015 7:19 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I give up.... I just decided to "risk" losing information since my 5s is still loaded with everything. This has been a crazy switch because for some reason I have 3 Apple IDs and suddenly 1 of them is "lost" I have spent at least 6 hours on the phone with the highest ups at Apple and they are stumped! They are sending it to the engineers now! The phone is only a few days old, so I can't have much if anything new. I just want my music and apps back!
Thanks for your response.

Aug 4, 2015 7:24 PM in response to kcm310

You're welcome. Just FYI, when you backup an iPhone, it does not backup iTunes content, since that is on the computer in your iTunes library. So when you restore a new phone from the backup of the old phone, it need to be done on the computer that contains your iTunes library with music, apps and other app data. If the iPhone 5s had the latest iOS on it, you may have turned on Apple Music or one of the other new music services which can create issues for your personal iTunes library.

New iPhone 6, how do I get my music from my 5S on it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.