Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto quits unexpectedly trying to buy book.

Back from vacation with plenty of good photos. Made album (Large Hardcover Book) and am trying to buy it. But NO ... iPhoto quits every time when I enter shipping address. SEVEN times so far. Have quit the iPhoto application; have restarted the computer. Tried again and it still won't let me buy the album.

Any ideas?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 5:03 PM

8 replies

Aug 5, 2015 11:16 AM in response to PannkeSmith

What's complicated? The PDF preview file is for your protection. If there's a printing error and you have the file that you created before ordering you'll have no problem getting a refund or new printing.

You have a problem with your particular setup. It's not normal so the previous post was a workaround till you're able to find out what's amiss with your setup. If you have some issue with your system or some 3rd party software that may be blocking the process the Safe Mode is a way around it.

One thing you can try is boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down), select disk Utility and repair both the disk permissions and the disk. Reboot normally and try again.

Another is to run the latest Yosemite update from the App Store.

To check for 3rd party software that my be affecting your Mac download and run Etrecheck. Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here (and recommended by Apple Support personnel) in the ASC to help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

iPhoto quits unexpectedly trying to buy book.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.