Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I turn backup on again after I delete a backup?

Just trying to free up space. It has backed up again since the one I want to delete. I don't want to permanently turn off Backup. Is there a way to turn it back on after I delete this one? Also want to make sure it is okay to delete this backup (from a previous phone) if it has backed up again more recently. Please help me out - my storage is quickly filling up and I really need to make space on my iCloud, but don't want to permanently mess anything up.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 2:44 AM

Welcome to the Apple community.

Yes, if you delete your back up and turn it off, you can turn it back on again. The first back up after you do this will take longer than usual because it has to start again.

Yes, if you used a back up of a previous device to start your current device off, you can delete that back up provided you have a back up of your current device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2015 2:44 AM in response to convojo

Welcome to the Apple community.

Yes, if you delete your back up and turn it off, you can turn it back on again. The first back up after you do this will take longer than usual because it has to start again.

Yes, if you used a back up of a previous device to start your current device off, you can delete that back up provided you have a back up of your current device.

Can I turn backup on again after I delete a backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.