Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple remote app won't connect to Apple TV

So today I had a new modem and router installed at my house, and now with the new replaced ones my apple tv remote app on my iPhone 6 won't connect to my apple tv 3rd gen. Before today I had a Linksys router and it worked perfectly fine. My iPhone could connect to my ATV perfectly fine it also could connect to my Macbook pro (Yosemite). We had an Arris modem and an optimum router installed today and its not working. Everything is connected to the same wifi, my apple tv, iPhone 6, and the mac. The weird part is that if I connect it back to linksys since we still have it setup in another room for more wifi, the apple remote app will find the TV and my mac with no problem. So is this maybe an issue with the settings of the optimum router? Is there something that has to be changed or configured in order for my iPhone to find the ATV on the network? And yes, everything is up to date with the current softwares. My apple watch can't find it either Btw.

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 5:29 PM

1 reply

Apple remote app won't connect to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.