Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing on safari?

Hello,

when I opened Safari on my Iphone a pop-up openend which said I was chosen to test the new Iphone 7. The webadress was apple.com-online.gifts . Because it was apple.com I thought this be real and pressed "Okay" and answered some simple questions (nothing private or bank id etc.) but then I realized this must be a scam. Normaly a website as apple would be apple.com/online.gifts right?? I deleded all my content from Safari. Do I have to worry about phishing and what should I do next?

thanks for your help!!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 5:46 PM

iDevice Safari Phishing Adware Pop-ups

Your device does not have a virus. You can fix this as follows:

Kill Safari by double-tapping on the Home button. Locate Safari in the task bar, then slide the Safari mini-page upwards so it vanishes.

Tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

If this doesn’t help, then reset your device. It won't delete your data. Press and hold down the On/Off button and the Home button until the display turns off and returns with the Apple logo showing.

Alternatively, follow these instructions to reset your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2015 5:46 PM in response to emilbeatberlin

iDevice Safari Phishing Adware Pop-ups

Your device does not have a virus. You can fix this as follows:

Kill Safari by double-tapping on the Home button. Locate Safari in the task bar, then slide the Safari mini-page upwards so it vanishes.

Tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

If this doesn’t help, then reset your device. It won't delete your data. Press and hold down the On/Off button and the Home button until the display turns off and returns with the Apple logo showing.

Alternatively, follow these instructions to reset your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Phishing on safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.