Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What battery life are you getting with windows 8/8.1 on MBP 2015?

I recently purchased a 13.3 inch MBP Retina, w Core I5 and 8 GB Ram.

I want to dual boot it with windows 8/8.1 using boot camp, but wanted to know how much battery life people on forum are able to get with windows 8/8.1 on MBP 13.3" 2015.

With my usage, general web-surfing, videos and word editing i get ~10 to 11 hrs on MBP with OS X yosemite.

How much increase/decrease in battery life should i expect if i install windows 8/8.1 using boot camp on my machine.

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 13.3" Retina Display, i5, 8G Ram

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 9:26 PM

You should expect about 60-80% of what you get on OSX. You can do some tuning using Power Options, and Processor Power Management, USB and WiFI, but generally Windows will give you a lower battery cycle.

7 replies

Aug 8, 2015 10:43 AM in response to Loner T

I installed windows 8 and upgraded to windows 10 on my rMBP with my ususal load of web surfing, video and ms office i am getting ~8 to 9 hrs of battery life.

I keep the power settings in windows at balanced. One thing i would like to note is that in the Advanced power options, make the GPU to Maximum Battery Life, which is good enough for regular windows store games and if and when you wish more horsepower from GPU, you can change this mode.

I found that keeping the GPU at balanced in advanced power options will make the MAC fairly warm while gaming and the fan could go full throttle impacting the battery life. For light gaming (windows app store games like asphalt 8) i think the max power savings mode is what you want to have, with this setting i dint see the fan turn up or the mac getting hot and the graphics performance was good for games like asphalt 8.

Note: If you are gaming then dont expect the above mentioned 8 to 9 hrs of battery life.

Hope this help people who are having similar workload and want to run windows on rMBP 2015 13" i5 version

What battery life are you getting with windows 8/8.1 on MBP 2015?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.