Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Classic Sync Issues

I am on Windows 7-64 bit, have a 6th gen 80GB Ipod Classic, and I cannot get the Ipod to sync in Itunes ver. 12.2.1.16. When I plug in the Ipod it does one of two things. Most of the time it shows up under My Computer and not Itunes. The other, less common possibility is it will show up in Itunes, but the Ipod goes to the normal Ipod menu not the "connected eject before disconnecting" screen. If I try to sync the Ipod when it shows up in Itunes it will fail and say the Ipod can not be found.

I have done a lot of research and tried a lot of things to fix it. I have rebooted my computer, Itunes, and the Ipod several times. Putting the Ipod in disk mode does not change what happens. I have also used Apple's guide to completely uninstall and reinstall Itunes twice but the same issues occurred.

I believe everything I have is the newest version and I don't understand why the Ipod will not stay synced to Itunes.

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 6:15 PM

1 reply

Ipod Classic Sync Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.