Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I get my purchases from my previous country if I changed my address back?

My Apple ID and iTunes Account used to be Canadian as I live in Canada. At the same time, I had purchases affiliated with it [from the Canadian iTunes Store].

However, I got an American iTunes gift card from my cousins, so I changed my address to my cousin's address in order for me to use the gift card - affiliated with the American iTunes Store.

If I wanted to reclaim my purchases from the Canadian iTunes Store, can I get them again by simply changing my address back to Canada?

Please & thank you!!

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 7:12 PM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 11:52 PM in response to AdilahMakrup

You have to be in a country, and have a billing address in that country on your account, to use its store - that is part of the store's terms, Apple can potentially permanently disable an account if you use a store when not in that country.

Whether your Canadian purchases will be available when you put your real address back on your account depends upon whether the rights-holders have removed them from the store - if they have you will have to copy them back from your backup of your downloads/library, you won't be able to redownload them

Can I get my purchases from my previous country if I changed my address back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.