Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch Gen 5 (32Gb) - Unresponsive Screen

Hi all

My son's iPod Touch (Gen 5, 32 Gb) has what appears to be an issue with the touch screen. He used to complain that it would be non-responsive to touch very intermittently but it seemed to work fine whenever I looked at...it but now fails regularly enough that it can be proven.

I have cleaned the screen properly and also tried IOS updates, and a full restore a couple of times.

It's very frustrating...but before I send away I wanted to know what other things people may have tried. My concern is the expense we may incur trying to fix via a repair agent if it is something straightforward.

I haven't been able to find anything that seems to be the same matching fault description online.

Any suggestions would be appreciated....irony is that my son has really looked after this iPod whereas the older one he had (which was just my old iPhone 4 - now used by his younger brother) has been treated very poorly and hasn't missed a beat!! The battery lasts longer too!

Maybe a bad batch of iPod's??

Cheers

Murray

iPod touch, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 9:49 PM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 12:50 AM in response to murrayfromhamilton

If you successfully restored (went through all steps without error) to factory settings/new iPod via iTunes (Not via Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Setting) and still have the problem that indicates a hardware problem.

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store..

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

If not covered by warranty Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for $99 for a 16 GB 5G and $149 for the other 5Gs. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

You can do it at an Apple store by making an appointment:

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

or send it in to Apple. See:

Service Answer Center - iPod

You can also try a third-party repair place.

iPod Touch Gen 5 (32Gb) - Unresponsive Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.