Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using 10.2 with projects and events from previous version

Due to a hard disk crash, I lost my previous version of FCPX. I had a new HD put in and went to download it from the Purchases list in the App Store, but it only offered the latest version, necessitating an update of the OS to Yosemite. I did this, and downloaded FCPX 10.2.1.

On opening, it required me to update project and events file into libraries. I did this, but most of my projects and events, including the ones I've almost finished for a DVD project, were not included, and were put in an 'Old Projects and Events' folder. All of these are on an external powered hard drive, as are all the raw media used in the project.

I don't know how to get these into the latest version and I need to finalise this project. Can anybody help?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 8:55 PM

5 replies

Aug 17, 2015 11:33 PM in response to allanfromwarradale

Update All automatically updates all accessible projects and events and puts them in a separate library for each hard disk. Projects and events are accessible if they are in the Movies folder on your startup volume or at the root level of any mounted volumes.

To be updated, projects and events must also be in the

• "Final Cut Projects" and
  • "Final Cut Events" folders, respectively.

Existing Final Cut Projects and Final Cut Events should be at the TOP/ROOT level of a drive with exact names as underlined.

The same applies to the Movies Folder of your Home account.

The above underlined items are important to smoothly update to the Library method.

Al

Using 10.2 with projects and events from previous version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.