Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot connect to my airport's wifi after switching from AT

I have internet and my airport light is green, but I cannot connect any of my devices to the wifi network. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Mac mini (Late 2012), iOS 8.4, Apple airport

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 6:07 PM

5 replies

Aug 4, 2015 7:44 PM in response to Alive226

Sorry, but your post did not provide enough information for us to go on.

Which model of AirPort do you have?

You mentioned that you were using AT(T) but have switched from them.

What provider did you switch to?

Did your new provider supply you with a modem?

If yes, can you provide the make and model number of that device?

Are you planning to use the Mac Mini to set up the AirPort, or use another computer? In any case, can you tell us what operating system you are using on the computer that you will use to set up the AirPort?

Aug 5, 2015 4:47 AM in response to Bob Timmons

I'm sorry about that. I thought I typed that information into my question, but it must have not posted.

I switched from AT&T to Comcast/ Xfinity. I have an Airport model #A1470 2TB, with a ISP provided Ubee model # U10C035.30 LF Modem (D 3.0). I set up the airport on my Mac Mini with the newest OS (I forget which one it is called, as it has changed so many times) and the airport utility. It says I have internet (green light) and it says the airport is configured correctly (also a green light), but I am unable to connect with my wireless devices. I kept the same password. I re-entered the password on the devices, but still can't connect. It was working a few minutes before the installation of the new ISP. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide. Let me know if you would need any more information to help solve my problem.

Aug 5, 2015 5:59 AM in response to Alive226

I switched from AT&T to Comcast/ Xfinity

So, you are making a major change from a DSL type connection to a cable type connection. The AirPort is retaining too many of the old settings that it used to connect to ATT and it needs new settings to connect correctly to the Comcast service provided by the Ubee cable modem.

In situations like this, you need to reset the AirPort back to factory default settings and then set it up again, just as if you were setting it up for the first time.

To start, completely power off the modem by pulling the power cord from the back of the device. Disconnect the Ethernet cable and co-ax cable as well from the modem. Leave the modem powered off for at least 30 minutes. Longer will not hurt at all.

During the time that the modem is powered off, power up the AirPort Time Capsule....if it is not already powered up....and hold in the reset button next to the AC jack on the back of the AirPort for 7-8 seconds and release. Allow a full minute for the AirPort to restart to a slow, blinking amber light status. Then, power off the AirPort.

After the modem has been powered off for at least 30 minutes, connect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN "O" port on the AirPort, connect the co-ax cable to the modem and power the modem back up. Let the modem run by itself for at least 10 minutes.

Then, power up the AirPort and let it run for 5-10 minutes as well.

Click the WiFi icon at the top of the Mac's screen and look for the AirPort Time Capsule under the heading of New AirPort Base Station. Click directly on Time Capsule. The example below shows an AirPort Extreme......you will see Time Capsule on your screen.

User uploaded file

When you click on Time Capsule, that will get the setup "wizard" running. It will take a minute to analyze things and suggest that the Time Capsule be configured to create a wireless network.

Follow the prompts to name the Time Capsule, name the wireless network, assign passwords, etc. You can use the same names that you used before if you want, or assign new names.

When you see the message of Setup Complete, click Done and you should be all set.

I cannot connect to my airport's wifi after switching from AT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.