Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My trackpad "hotspot" moved

I normally press on the lower left corner of my trackpad to click on a link, open a software program, etc.

All of a sudden, the "hotspot" moved. I now can't open a link or software program unless I press on the trackpad near the center. The problem is, it's impossible to remember the exact location. So I wind up clicking half a dozen times as I move my finger around.

I opened up Trackpad in System Preferences, but I can't find any reference to this particular function. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

P.S. It occurred to me that I may have been doing things wrong from the beginning. What's the standard way to open a hyperlink, file, etc.? I would normally put the cursor on the Finder icon in my status bar, press my trackbar once with one finger in the lower left corner, then put the cursor on a file, and double-click in the same location to open it.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 6:32 PM

1 reply

My trackpad "hotspot" moved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.