Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MM 2012 FD shuts down after day or less of working

After having fixed the FD to operate the MM it will shut down for no apparent reason showing the 'language box'.

I will re-start it and then this maybe happen again. I go to DU and it tells me to go to Recovery and use the DU there. This I did but near the end the print became 'red' telling me it cannot fix it.

This is after Apple replaced the SSD, the HDD and the Logic board.

I used the new DW which seemingly fixed everything but it went again.

I even re-installed Yosemite but eventually it fell again.

I would like point out that there is nothing on the MM except the basic system as I am very apprehensive to put anything on it because this has been going on for 9 months during which I have not have my computer and it stands to go to the Genius Bar{sic] for the 8th time!

I have even left in on overnight but have woken up to the computer running perfectly only to fall later in the day during use.

What could this possibly be since, as far as I know, the main components have been changed what else could go wrong?

BTW I am running 2 MM's and 2 MBP's in the house with no problems.

Thanx.

Safed

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), fusion drive-16gb memory 2.6 i7

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 8:15 PM

safed wrote:

What could this possibly be since, as far as I know, the main components have been changed what else could go wrong?

KPs and shutdowns can also be caused by incompatible RAM, as well as a bad or a loose RAM module.

What are the spec's and where did you get that 16GB RAM kit from...?

Have you tried a different set of PC3-12800 1600MHz RAM modules...?

Have you tested it with the original 2 x 2GB modules that it came with...?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2015 8:15 PM in response to safed

safed wrote:

KPs and shutdowns can also be caused by incompatible RAM, as well as a bad or a loose RAM module.

What are the spec's and where did you get that 16GB RAM kit from...?

Have you tried a different set of PC3-12800 1600MHz RAM modules...?

Have you tested it with the original 2 x 2GB modules that it came with...?

Aug 4, 2015 8:55 PM in response to safed

I know, I have several unibody Mini's.

The trick is to support the housing while firmly pushing the module into the slot,

User uploaded file

then push swing the module down and lock it into the clips.

User uploaded file

Can't say for sure, but it sounds like maybe one of your modules is not fully seated and loosing connection due to either heat or vibration.

MM 2012 FD shuts down after day or less of working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.