Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to link to specific page in a pdf

Does anyone know a way to create a link in my ibook, to a specific page in an online pdf, either have it open as a frame in the book itself, or leave the book and go to safari and have it open to that page? the Pdf's I'm trying to link to are kept up to date by an external source and the info contained with in them frequently changes. Any help is greatly appreciated.

iBook

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 7:50 PM

3 replies

Aug 6, 2015 2:55 PM in response to elmo5676

Hello there, elmo5676.

It sounds like you're trying to link to a weblink of an online PDF document in iBooks Author. The following link from the online iBooks Author Help Guide provides some great information on how to do that:

Add links and bookmarks - iBooks Author Help

Add links and bookmarks

You can create text or image links that your readers can tap or click to go to another place in the book, go to a webpage, or open a preaddressed email message.

As you create your book, you can quickly navigate to specific book locations by adding bookmarks. If you add links to your bookmarks, your readers can also use them in the completed book.

Create a link

1. Select the text or image you want to become a link.

2. If the Link inspector isn’t open, click the Inspector button User uploaded file in the toolbar and click the Link inspector button User uploaded file.

3. In the Link inspector, click Hyperlink.

4. Select the “Enable as a hyperlink” checkbox.

5. Click the Link To pop-up menu and choose an option:

• Webpage: Enter a URL.

• Email Message: Enter the email address and subject line.

• Bookmark: Click the Name pop-up menu and choose a bookmark.

If the Name pop-up menu is empty, add bookmarks as described below.

• Figure: Click a figure in the Name list. To view only specific types of figures (for example, all movies or galleries), click the Style pop-up menu and choose an option.

• Chapter or Section: Click the Chapter pop-up menu and choose an option.

• Page Number: Enter a page number.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Aug 20, 2015 2:31 AM in response to pedro d

Thanks Pedro D, But I'm actually trying to link to a specific page in a pdf thats kept online. I know how to link to a website or the pdf in general but I'm trying to do something like https://blahblah.pdf#page=15 and it works in every other web browser but not in safari or on the iPad. I feel like there should be a simple solution that I'm missing but I can't find the answer anywhere.

how to link to specific page in a pdf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.